Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience in the commercial and/or residential landscaping trade. Experience in crew management and leadership a must. Must be skilled in operation of hand-held and backpack power equipment such as weed-eaters/hedge shears/blowers, trucks and trailers, irrigation, equipment maintenance and industry standards regarding planting, plant care, pest management, and related services.
Position entails leadership of a 3-5 man service crew, either landscape installation or grounds maintenance, based on experience, in Sedona, Arizona and local surrounding areas. Must have valid AZ drivers license, CDL not necessary but appreciated, and expected to operate a truck and trailer daily. Work to be performed includes new landscape installations, hardscapes such as pavers, fencing, walls, grounds maintenance, irrigation, and all related services.
Chosen candidate will reflect a professional appearance, have good communication skills, exude respect, provide adequate career references in the trade, and be able to meet the physical demands of the industry.
Compensation is based on a sliding scale of $15-$25/hr DOE. Benefits available including life insurance, PTO, and paid holidays.
Duties Will Include:
- Promote a positive work environment for the crew and company
- Show leadership qualities by example to crew members through work ethic and respect
- Get direction and take notes to execute work orders and daily schedule
- Load all materials and tools needed for the days jobs
- Be prepared for daily work schedule (have lunch and water on hand)
- Be on time, meeting crew members 10-15 minutes early
- Start Route on time
- Execute Jobs on schedule
- Keep in contact with production supervisor throughout the day
- Oversee, train and direct crew
- Customer service; be kind and considerate of clients and their needs
- Maintain work truck with proper fluid levels; report mechanical problems to production manager as they arise. Keep vehicles clean & neat, daily.
- Gas up vehicle every week
- Check all tools after job, and service regularly as needed. Check tool list and organize regularly.
- Inform production manager of issues regarding Jobs and Crew and any extras requested.
- Turn in Time Sheets every Wednesday afternoon with hours totaled and signed by both employee and supervisor
- Turn in Installation Field Description sheet at end of each day (completed and legible)
- Contact crew on rain days and notify of upcoming Holidays
- Have crew Contact Information available at all times
- Assist in hiring as required
- Reviews for crew members
- Ask questions if you do now know or understand.