Landscape Estimator/Production Manager
· Production Management 3 years
- Landscape estimating 3 years
- Driver’s License
- Associate (Preferred)
Villegas Landscape LLC is a full service Commercial and Residential Landscape company based in Sedona AZ. We are looking for a motivated, full-time Landscape Estimator/Production Manager with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience. The Landscape Estimator/Production Manager is responsible for estimating and Production Management of Landscape installation and maintenance services for new and existing clients of Villegas Landscape and will also strive to uphold our core values of Precision, Honesty, Innovation, Dependability and Efficiency. In this position, you will create proposals, contracts, estimates, and designs, as well as the calculation of labor and material costs. Once jobs are bid, the ability to lead crews in initial start-up of projects in the field is required. Strong knowledge of plants, hardscape, and construction materials, as well as overall budgets is necessary.
- Maintain proper inventory of materials and equipment to ensure efficient job completion
- Order materials, equipment and supplies as needed within purchasing limits
- Manage employees by keeping attendance records, enforcing proper uniform and safety policies, and approving timesheets within our electronic timekeeping system
· Manages and schedules labor, equipment and materials to accomplish projected margin (GPM) thru maximum productivity amongst all teams
· Develop relationships with clients and within the community
· Ensure production teams meet quality standards
· Understands the primary importance of positive client relations
· Understands contract specifications and ensures they are met
· Provide most recent plans and/or documents to field staff at the beginning of the day and provide instruction to ensure Team Leader and crew are prepared to complete the job
- Ensures all work is completed in adherence to safety policies and guidelines. Conducts weekly safety training and safety inspections on job-sites
- Investigates any accident or safety violation, prepares appropriate reports, takes action steps to correct and prevent future occurrences. Defines and implements solutions to recurring accidents or most common hazards
- Maintains sufficient staff to accomplish production schedules and analyzes future needs, forecasting staff and material needs to complete future jobs
- Conducts timely performance reviews of direct reports and takes corrective actions when appropriate
- Visit job sites on a regular basis, observing organization of work, identifying and resolving training issues, and taking necessary actions to ensure quality
- Respond to customer complaints ensuring proper handling to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
- Maintains costs within all assigned budgets
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping and care of company assets in the field, vehicles, shop, field offices and customer work-sites.
- Stay aware of Best Practices. Develop and recommend improved work methods and standards.
· Field experience (landscape/hardscape/construction)
· Previous experience bidding commercial and residential landscape/construction projects
· Knowledge of computers, (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and estimating software
· Ability to multi-task, be goal-driven, and a self-starter
· Position requires organization and time-management skills
· Strong team mindset is a must!
· Comfortable interacting with clients and vendors, while being personable and professional
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
· Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
· The ability to lift 25/50/80 pounds regularly.
· The ability to respond quickly to sounds.
· The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
· The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations.
Related keywords: project manager, estimator, construction, construction project manager, construction workerager, construction estimator
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $26.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Field Production Management: 1 year (Required)
- Landscape Estimating: 3 years (Required)
- One location